Picture Editor – Shortlist Media Family
Shortlist Media’s Family team is looking for a competent picture editor to join the growing design team. The picture editor will work across Family’s commercial content, sourcing images, supporting on photo and video shoots and working with the wider design team to help produce brilliant branded content.
We’re looking for someone who has experience working in both print and digital, has a good eye for creative and knows how to make a feature come to life, whether that’s through photography or illustration. The picture editor will work closely with the art director and the design team to create mock-ups and treatments that work for both our products and the clients’ needs.
Experience of working with photo libraries is a necessity, as is having contacts within the industry. The successful candidate will be able to organise a shoot under tight deadlines – working collaboratively with the art team to book studios, production crews and photographers, stylists etc. They will be able to behave professionally on a shoot and make sure we deliver our objectives while keeping all parties happy.
• To research suitable pictures for all our products on time and on budget.
• To research suitable illustrators for all our products on time and on budget.
• To understand and meet the image requirements for client and editorial briefs for print, video and online executions.
• To work with the art team on devising creative treatments for all Shortlist Media’s products across print and digital platforms.
• To organise photo and video shoots.
• To book studios, photographers, stylists and productions crews.
• To help organise shoot logistics such as catering and travel.
• To maintain good handover notes when taking leave.
• To stay abreast of competitors’ commercial work.
• To maintain a strong contacts list that can be shared with the team.
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are best suited to this role, plus your CV to: Art Director at Family, Anna Brooks – Anna.Brooks@shortlist.com
Deadline: Wednesday 24th January 2018
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted