Creative Strategist – Maternity Cover
Reporting to: Head of Creative Strategy
Family is the creative content studio of Shortlist Media. We work with brands that want to reach our valuable met set audience.
The senior creative strategist will use audience insight and data to inform exciting and innovative multi-channel campaigns for our clients.
They will be expert at deciphering and interrogating client and agency briefs, have great ideas that are right for the client and for our channels.
They will be confident and have proven success in each area of the pitch process inc. challenging the brief, identifying a true creative question, building a strategy, generating a cut through creative concept, and pitching confidently direct to agencies and clients.
They will own relationships with the strategy teams on their agency patch to grow the volume of incoming partnership briefs and increase proactive opportunities by having the right conversations with the right contacts.
The senior creative strategists must be able to form profitable long-term relationships with clients and senior agency leads (Senior partnership directors / strategy & planning directors). They will be confident presenting and selling ideas in and be driven to win proactive and competitive pitches.
They will actively pursue increasing the brand fame of Family within their agency patch, including organising quarterly in-agency activations.
They will take on responsibilities around helping run the administration of the team. In the absence of more senior team members, the Senior Creative Strategists will be expected to ensure that the team runs smoothly including meeting deadlines, pitch quality control, and attending internal and external meetings.
Key roles and responsibilities
• Interrogation and distillation of a client’s brief
• Analysis of audience and insight to form watertight proposals
• Proactive approach to growing revenue
• Interpret market trends from the real world to inform commercially led editorial recommendations
• Coming up with relevant and innovative creative ideas for brands that will deliver against their objectives
• Channel planning to maximize the success of client campaigns
• Creative thinking and leading positive ideation sessions
• Form long term, consultative and valuable relationships with the strategy teams on their agency patch
• Working with publishing manager to determine project costs
Knowledge, qualifications, skills and experience
• Positive personality and excellent social skills
• Good analytical skills
• Proven creative thinking
• Strong presentation ability
• Experience in insight gathering
• Strong commercial acumen
• Ability to formulate and communicate compelling sales stories
• Extensive use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Keynote
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are best suited to this role, plus your CV to Head of Creative Strategy: Callum.Smith@shortlist.com.
Deadline is Friday 20th July 2018
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No agencies please.