Working primarily within the Shortlist Media Family (Content Solutions), the Insight Manager provides a multi-media research and Ad Marketing service encompassing all areas of Shortlist Media's commercial insight requirements. He or she will also be expected to work closely with editorial, strategy and events teams to provide key research support.
- • To assist in maximising commercial revenues and ensuring that Shortlist Media is leveraging the value of its portfolio and providing key insights across the wider business.
- • Promote our company, brands and audiences to the media market across both key agencies and clients
Main duties and responsibilities
- • To play a pivotal role in optimising commercial revenues for the company via the provision and communication of insight. Provide a developing understanding of all the Shortlist portfolio and audiences and their specific features and benefits within the multi-media mix.
- • Interrogate and explore all available research to ensure the creation of the strongest possible collateral/presentations and proposals across all our brands for inclusion on media schedules.
- • To promote Shortlist Media, its brands and audiences to key media agencies and clients.
- • To work closely with the Creative Strategy team to ensure relevant research is included in all solutions and is charged accordingly.
- • Help identify the need for and formulation of relevant new research projects and initiatives.
- • Understanding the activity of competitors - keep abreast of any changes in research techniques across media ie TV, Radio, Press, Online, etc.
- • Raise the industry profile of Shortlist Media and our brands through active participation in conferences, road shows & relevant forums.
- • Manage The Vocalist and Stylist Beauty Council panel communities ensuring that both panels are run as efficiently and effectively as possible - this is from Shortlist Media's perspective and the members who subscribe to them.
- • Manage the relationship between Shortlist Media and the external panel management companies.
- • Liaise with Insight, Marketing, and Editorial teams to ensure panels are kept up to date with interesting and relevant content at all times.
- • Work closely with Project Management teams to ensure commercial partnerships that utilise the panels are run and completed successfully.
- • Create surveys and effectiveness studies; two components critical to the effective managing of the panels.
- • Analyse, collate and present all relevant research data generated through the panels.
- • Ensure these insights are harnessed and highlighted for use across the Shortlist Media business.
- • Work closely with and update the Data, Audience Development and Social Media teams to ensure there is cohesive and complimentary focus across all capabilities.
- • Ideally 2+ years' experience and an understanding of media and research tools gained from working in a research environment - preferably from an Agency or Media Owner
- • Knowledge and experience of industry tools such as ComScore, Google Analytics, TGI
- • Proven numerical, analytical and excellent presentation skills
- • Ability to turn audience research data into meaningful insight
- • Good knowledge of the media landscape
- • Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure and use own initiative
- • Passionate and positive
- • Highly organised and self-motivated
- • Articulate in communicating ideas and information to others
- • Challenge status quo by delivering fresh perspectives
- • Ability to work as part of a busy team
- • Ability to take ownership and responsibility for work
- • Flexible Approach
- • Excellent attention to detail
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are best suited to this role, plus your CV to Head of Insight: Steve.Jenkins@shortlist.com
Deadline is Wednesday 25th July 2018
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.