Emerald Street and Mr Hyde, the women’s and men’s lifestyle emails published by Shortlist Media, are looking for a sub-editor to work across both brands at our London office.
The ideal candidate should have an exceptional eye for detail and the ability to quickly spot a mistake or leaden sentence, as well as the organisation skills to get out several editions of Emerald Street and Mr Hyde out every week.
This is a junior role within the email teams, with the opportunity to play an integral part in two established brands. Please note this is not a writing position.
- • To sub-edit all Emerald Street and Mr Hyde emails, ensuring they are factually accurate and in house style at all times.
- • Using content management systems for both email and web; some CMS experience is essential.
- • Being unflappable under pressure, ensuring all editions of Emerald Street and Mr Hyde go out on time and without mistakes.
- • Coming up with witty, engaging subject lines, and headlines.
- • Having the ability to prioritise your workload efficiently, ensuring the production process runs smoothly day-to-day.
- • Possessing an excellent knowledge of both brands and the topics they cover, and an ability to switch easily between two distinct tones of voice. We’ll be talking about everything from Theresa May and Beyoncé to burgers and Booker Prize winners.
- • Helping to fine-tune and enforce style guides for both Emerald Street and Mr Hyde.
- • Representing the brands at external events as and when required.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to Emerald Street editor Kat Poole at email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 10th August, 2018.
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.